Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced thin
- 1 cup alfredo sauce (I just used low fat version from Ragu)
- salt and pepper
- Shredded parmesan to garnish
- cut squash in half lengthwise, and remove seeds, turn upside down in a shallow baking dish with about 1/4 cup water. Cook in microwave on high about 10 – 15 minutes (depending on size of squash). Till tender
- Remove squash and with a fork shred the fiberous insides (should look like spaghetti).
- In a skillet, heat olive oil an saute on medium heat onions, garlic and mushrooms w/ salt and pepper till softened and somewhat carmelized.
- When cooked to your liking add alfredo sauce and stir to heat.
- add pre cooked squash and stir to combine.
See….easy peasy!! And so yummy and filling although very LOW in calories!! Gotta love that right?