This soup I made last night was delicious and loved by my entire family. *FYI-this hardly ever happens*. This soup is quick, easy and has minimal ingredients. The taste is balanced and soothing. The broth is infused with garlic and the tortellini and sausage make a perfect pair. I used Mild Italian sausage, but HOT Italian sausage would be quite good as well. (I chose Mild because my kids and granddaughter were eating this.) You can also swap out the vegetable broth for chicken broth too. I think the vegetable imparts some really delicious flavors.
- 1 bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 bag frozen chopped spinach (or you can use fresh just chop it before adding)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Mild Italian sausages (remove casing and break into pieces for cooking)
- 1 32 ounce container of Vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste ( I did not use any salt, the cheese in the tortellini was plenty salty)
In a stock pot add olive oil and crumble the sausage that has been removed from it’s casing into the pot and saute till almost done. Add in garlic and black pepper and saute for about 1 minute. Add in frozen chopped spinach and vegetable broth, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add in frozen tortellini and simmer again uncovered until tortellini floats. (about 8 minutes).