Sometimes I just have to have a good old fashioned cry to break through the cobwebs. I did just that today. After posting my “Why Don’t I Fit In?” post earlier today I had a good cry. After feeling badly about all the things I don’t have time for and I would like to accomplish, I immediately felt stupid for feeling so sorry for myself. I am so blessed in my life. I took a little time to count my blessings. I thought it might be theraputic to share some of them and reaffirm just how lucky I am.
- I am married to such an amazing man who not only loves me for exactly who I am at any given moment but who supports and encourages me without exception. He is so wonderful and always knows how to get me to see through the self deprication I inflict. He thinks I am smart, tells me I am sexy and shows me how passionately and deeply he loves me on a daily basis.
- I am blessed with 3 intelligent, loving, kind and creative children. I love them all so much, even when they are pushing my buttons and I feel like I am going to lose my cool. They all have amazing personalities that intersect in some places and are complete polar of the others, and to me that is what makes each one of them special.
- I have a granddaughter who, even on her fussiest days when she has demanded too much of this weary body, I love so much I can’t imagine life without her in it. She makes me smile. She makes me laugh. She amazes me with how quickly she picks up on new things. My husband hit the nail on the head when he dubbed her, ‘The light of our life’. She truly is light that can blaze through the deepest darkness!
- I am grateful to be able to have a nice home, in a great town, with amazing neighbors.
- I am grateful to have reliable vehicles to get us where we need/want to go.
- I am grateful for my health and the health of my family. Yes I have chronic back and shoulder pain but, most days I can handle it and just work through it. (today was one of the days where it was getting the better of me which added to the pity party).
- I am grateful that my sister is so tough and strong, she inspires me daily with her drive and determination while she fights cancer with every ounce of her being.
- I have amazing friends both in the real world and also online friends who support and encourage me to keep on keeping on.
Those are just a few and I am sure I could go on and on, but I won’t. I am also thankful and grateful for all who read my blog, subscribe to my posts and who follow my page on Facebook. I hope to write and share more stories from my daily life, recipes and hey who knows I might even try my hand at some fiction!
If you like my blog, please take a moment and click the Top Mom Blog button on the sidebar to vote for my blog. I appreciate the time you took to read this and all my other posts. I wish you a great day filled with sunshine and love always!! Thank you!